Wednesday 19 June 2013

Salgado exhibition at the Natural History Museum

A couple of weeks ago I visited the much talked about Sebastião Salgado exhibition. I thought the exhibition certainly fitted into its exhibition environment - a natural progression from the displays of animals into beautifully presented large framed images of nature. Although, I don't know a lot about Salgado's work, I did appreciate and love his early film work when thumbing through a book on Salgado last year.  Back to the exhibition - Although I enjoyed it, I did feel there were too many images (half the amount would have been ample in my opinion). The other aspect of this exhibition I didn't like was Salgado's experimentation with digital grain. In my opinion film grain can't be replicated, and if you are not shooting with film, then don't try and replicate film grain digitally.

No comments:

Post a Comment